Baggage allowance rules
All baggage (including carry-on baggage) must be presented to an airline representative at the check-in desk. This is necessary for flight safety and security arrangements. Baggage accepted by the airline for transportation is marked with a special baggage tag. After baggage check-in a baggage identification tag is given to a passenger for further identification at the airport of arrival.
Baggage allowances are established by airlines. For details please contact a carrier representative.
In addition to the established baggage allowances, the following items are also allowed for free transportation: a briefcase, a plastic bag, a bouquet of flowers, a purse or a paper folder, printed press, a camera or videocamera, a laptop, a bag with Duty-free purchases, an umbrella or walking-stick, a coat or cloak, food for baby, a mail cart, a portable wheelchair and (or) crutches, if necessary.
We also recommend to take in carry-on securities and commercial papers, passports and other documents, medicines, fragile items, jewelry.
For any baggage that exceeds the established allowance for free baggage transportation, a passenger will be charged according to baggage fare.
Transportation of liquids
According to ICAO and the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine restrictions on liquids transportation in carry-on baggage are imposed. This prohibition extends to:
- water and other drinks, soups, syrups;
- creams, lotions and oils;
- gels, including hair and shower gels;
- the contents of the cans, including shaving foam, other foams and deodorants;
- pastes, including toothpaste;
- a mixture of liquid and solid substances;
- ink; (maskara)
- any other similar substance.
To carry on board small amount of the substances listed above, store liquid in containers with capacities not greater than 100 ml (g), and place the containers so that they fit comfortably in a transparent plastic bag with a capacity of not more than 1 liter.
You can carry more:
- baby food needed during the flight;
- medication needed during the flight.
You are allowed to carry alcoholic beverages with:
- alcoholic content of no more than 24% in the bottle for retail sale – without any restrictions;
- alcoholic content of more than 24% but less than 70% in the bottle for retail sale – up to 5 liters;
- transportation of alcoholic beverages with alcohol content of more than 70% is PROHIBITED.
According to ICAO Resolution on October 5, 2006 № MEMO/06/363 and
he order of the State Aviation Administration of Ukraine on May 19, 2009, № 238-288;
A carrier may refuse to transport baggage if it includes items:
- that can cause damage to the aircraft, people or property aboard;
- that are prohibited by laws, rules and regulations of public authorities of any country to, from or through the territory of which the shipment is to be made;
- that can not be transported as baggage due to their weight, size or other characteristics;
- animals, except for dogs, cats and other pets, which are accepted for carriage by the carrier's prior authorization and with conditions observed.
The prohibition of electronic cigarettes transportation
The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has prohibited the carriage of electronic cigarettes for passengers and crew members.
You can carry the devices in hand baggage, but you are not allowed to charge them aboard. The prohibition extends to the cigarettes chargers, and to other portable electronic devices for smoking, powered by the battery.
The actions were taken after carriers registered a couple of incidents when heating elements of electronic cigarettes have accidentally activated and caused a fire in the cargo part of the plane.
Objects and substances prohibited for transportation
Items and substances that are prohibited for carriage at aircraft cabin are the following:
- firearms (including military, hunting, sports), air, gas guns, pistols and revolvers meant for shooting cartridge shells filled with rubber or bullets with similar properties, ammo, spare parts for weapons;
- cutting weapons of all kinds and structurally similar products;
- educational, emasculated, museum, collection, and fake guns in the presence of a person or entity with permission to store, carry and transport such arms;
- rifles and pistols for scuba diving;
- piercing and cutting objects such as: nail clippers; needles for medical injections; knitting needles; metal blades; corkscrews;
- devices and toys that imitate weapons;
- items with a blunt terminus, which can cause injuries.
Approved by the Ukrainian Government on May 12, 2007 № 723
Lost Baggage. Here's What to Do
The first thing you should do if you can not find your baggage at the airport of arrival – contact the staff of Lost & Found. At Odesa airport their office is situated in the arrival area of domestic and international flights.
Throughout the documenting procedure, service employees will compose a loss act or RIP (Property Irregularity Report ). If the airline allows you to track your baggage online – you will receive a 10-digit tracking code to follow search status.
Baggage tracing can last up to 21 days, but often it is found earlier. When the airport staff gets your baggage, they will call you.
For further inquiries please contact:
+38 (050) 494 66 76